WhiteWater pinball machine
I've only recently purchased this one from a fellow UKPinball member. More information and images to come soon (along with the usual teardown gallery!), but I wanted to start a log for this one straight away.
Nothing much, really:
- Full set of Cliffy protectors Passion for Pinball
- Plastic protector washers - Pinball Mania
- Blue bulbs behind river targets - Pinball Life
See this page for the full gallery of images taken: WhiteWater pinball machine teardown gallery.
As you might have noticed from the teardown gallery, there is a wear spot outside the lost mine kickout (very common, apparently). I covered this using one of the playfield overlays from Classic Arcades.
There were some unnecessary posts screwed into the mini-playfield which I wanted to removed. This of course left me with some horrible looking screw holes, so I decided to use this as an opportunity to try making my own overlays.
This process was surprisingly easy, although very time consuming. The screwholes were trimmed with a sharp knife to remove any splintered wood, and sanded flush with the playfield surface. The holes were then filled with Milliput and then sanded smooth with wet/dry sandpaper.
The overlays were created using Paint.Net, by hand filling areas in a scanned image of the playfield, using other photos as a reference. Colours were matched by printing a swatch sheet. The overlays were printed on glossy photo paper, which I then removed the backing from to make it a bit thinner.
The obligatory 'someone having a rubbish game' video (me, in this case): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzDFIPFd0ys
- 17 August 2008 - Received machine
- 18 August 2008 - Ordered full set of Cliffy protectors (Passion for Pinball)
- 19 August 2008 - Ordered tin of WhiteWater blue paint (Pinball Universe)
- 24 August 2008 - Started stripping playfield, removed some mylar from between the pop bumpers
- 25 August 2008 - Ordered playfield decal sheet from (Classic Arcades)
- 25 August 2008 - Ordered massive amount of stuff from (Pinball Life)
- 30 August 2008 - Stripped down mini-playfield, filled screw holes and sanded the rear
- 31 August 2008 - Made some overlays for post holes that shouldn't be there!
- 20 September 2008 - Finished re-assembling after cleaning everything - plays great